Solarize Bellevue is BACK!
Breaking News! Our contractor selection committee has selected A&R Solar to serve the community during the 2015 Solarize Bellevue campaign! Congratulations and thank you to all of the solar service-providers in the region who have made efforts to participate.
Breaking News! Workshop dates have been announced for this summer and fall - Register Now and read below for more information.
We're excited to repeat the success of our 2014 campaign - here were some of the highlights:
- 51 new solar arrays added to Bellevue
- One free system donated to the Bellevue Boys and Girls Club Teen Center! Check it out here - Teen Center Turned Green Center.
- Increase of solar production in Bellevue by 45%
How Solarize Bellevue Works:
Solarize Bellevue is a neighborhood solar purchasing program that provides homeowners and businesses with reduced cost, and headache-free solar installations on their homes, businesses, or multifamily units. This is achieved by pooling local individuals who are interested in pursuing solar power for their residences, and making a collective “bulk buy.” This type of program has been widely successful across the country, with savings of10- 20% on average when compared to acquiring solar systems independently.
How do I participate in Solarize Bellevue?
You can participate in two ways:
1. Register for a workshop - Prospective solar energy system buyers should plan to attend a community workshop. Interested participants must attend one community workshop in the summer/fall of 2015 in order to be eligible to take advantage of the Solarize Bellevue program benefits. See workshop details below.
2. Volunteer to spread the word about Solarize Bellevue. We are recruiting engaged community members to discuss this opportunity with their neighbors, neighborhood associations, businesses, and at events this summer and fall. To volunteer, please email Paula Del Giudice at email@example.com.
Community workshop dates for the 2015-2016 Solarize Bellevue Campaign will be announced shortly! Please check back soon for more information!
Workshop 1 - Tuesday, July 21st, Bellevue City Hall Council Chambers, 6-8 pm. Register here!
Workshop 2 - Saturday, August 15th, South Bellevue Community Center, 10 am - noon. Register here!
Workshop 3 - Tuesday, September 1st, Northwest Arts Center Studio D, 6-8 pm. Register here
Workshop 4 - Thursday, September 24, Highland Community Center Multipurpose Room, 6:30-8:30 pm. Register here!
What are the benefits to me for participating in Solarize Bellevue?
There are many benefits for participating in this program:
Free education and technical assistance in determining if solar is right for your home or business,
Reduced costs on your system if you purchase through the program as opposed to independently,
Eligibility for all state and federal tax credits and incentives,
A quicker return on your investment, which means you start generating free energy sooner,
Joining your neighbors and community in a solid financial and environmental investment.
Timeline of Solarize Bellevue:
April - June, 2015, Phase I - Volunteer recruitment & contractor selection
July - October, 2015, Phase II - Community workshops and contractor site assessments
July, 2015 - March, 2016, Phase III - Solar installations take place
The Solarize Washington webpage contains success stories of campaigns from previous years throughout the state.
Puget Sound Energy's Incentive Structure page describes the variable rates of feed-in electricity sales, depending on the different components of your residential solar system.
Identify the solar potential of your home, your neighborhood, your whole city! Use the map below to dig deeper into your production potential by zooming into your home address: